- ADMINISTRATION OF KINDERGARTEN ENTRY AND EXIT ASSESSMENTS
The District shall administer a kindergarten entry assessment approved by the State Superintendent to each kindergarten student sometime within three weeks before the first day of school and three weeks after the first day of kindergarten. The District shall administer a kindergarten exit assessment approved by the State Superintendent sometime during the four weeks before the last day of school. The District shall submit to the Data Gateway the entry assessment data by September 30 and the exit assessment data by June 15.
Utah Admin. Rules R277-489-3 (July 8, 2020)
- USE OF ENTRY AND EXIT ASSESSMENT DATA
The District may use kindergarten entry and exit assessment data to:
- provide insights into current levels of academic performance upon entry and exit of kindergarten;
- identify students in need of early intervention instruction and promote differentiated instruction for all students;
- understand the effectiveness of programs such as extended-day kindergarten and pre-school;
- provide opportunities for data-informed decision making and cost-benefit analysis of early learning initiatives;
- identify effective instructional practices or strategies for improving student achievement outcomes in a targeted manner; and
- understand the influence and impact of full-day kindergarten on at-risk students in both the short and long term.
The District may not use kindergarten entry and exit assesment data to:
- justify early enrollment of a student who is not currently eligible to enroll in kindergarten, such as a student with a birthday falling after September 1;
- evaluate an educator's teaching performance; or
- determine whether a student should be retained or promoted between grades.
Utah Admin. Rules R277-489-4 (July 8, 2020)
Adopted by Tintic School Board : 11/19/2018
Amended : 11/16/2020